Energy bills as big as a house?
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR can help by cutting energy costs up to 30 percent when you make recommended improvements. Energy Trust of Oregon is dedicated to helping you see how every component in your home, including your furnace or heat pump, water heater, wall insulation, stove and windows, works together, and how recommended improvements can make your home more energy efficient and comfortable.
Contractors who offer Home Performance are specially trained and certified, and use state-of-the-art equipment to test and evaluate all components of your home’s interior and exterior.
After a comprehensive Home Performance assessment, you get a customized energy- and cost-saving action plan, comparing what you pay now to what you could be paying when your home runs at peak performance. This gives you a step by step prioritized plan you can use to budget the improvements over time.
How can your Home Performance assessment with ENERGY STAR work for you?
When you make recommended improvements, Home Performance can help you:
- Save money. Enjoy using less energy, while saving up to 30 percent on energy costs.
- Increase comfort. By making your home work as a system, you can stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter, and help eliminate drafty rooms.
- Improve safety. Know your home is safer when the contractor tests the carbon monoxide levels of your stove, furnace and water heater. Your contractor will also address any known problems in the home that could lead to health issues, such as water leaks, moisture build-up and cold drafts.
- Build long-term home value. Investments you make to improve the energy efficiency of your home can increase its overall value for years to come.
- Get cash back from Energy Trust. Energy Trust cash incentives help offset the cost of energy-saving home improvements. Get more cash when you make multiple improvements. You may also be eligible to receive state and federal tax credits on qualifying improvements.
- Be confident in the work. Your contractor is trained and certified to Building Performance Institute standards, and uses diagnostic equipment to evaluate your home’s savings potential and ensure your home is safe and comfortable.
Want to know more about Home Performance with ENERGY STAR?
For more information visit them on the web by clicking the link below or call them at 1.866.368.7878. As a trade ally of Energy Trust of Oregon, I can tell you about energy-efficient features and improvements for your home. If you would like me to request a free Home Energy Review of your home you can contact me through this website and I will be glad to assist you in getting it scheduled. I learned a lot when they came to my house, and I know when you hear what they tell you about your own home you will agree with me that it was time well spent.